Gregory A. Plona, D.M.D.
We are pleased to have the brother of Dr. Raymond Plona, Gregory Plona on our staff. He was raised in Olmsted Falls, OH and is a proud graduate of St. Ignatius High School in Cleveland, OH. He attended Baldwin Wallace College in Berea where he majored in Biology. He entered Case Western Reserve University and earned his Doctor of Dental Medicine degree in 2010. During that time, Dr. Plona achieved several honors and awards which included the following:
- The Louis Stolier Scholarship
- The Student Dental Implant Award
Dr. Plona did his internship at the University of Maryland Medical Center/Shock Trauma in Baltimore, MD. He then completed his four-year training in oral and maxillofacial surgery and finished as chief-resident at the Montefiore Medical Center in Bronx, New York, graduating in June, 2015.
Dr. Plona is board certified by the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons. Dr. Plona brings his extensive training, skill, and proficiency to our practice. Along with his knowledge of dental procedures, he also has intensive experience in dental implant placement, orthognathic surgery, the management of facial fractures, trauma, oral pathology and jaw reconstruction.
Dr. Plona maintains active status at University Hospitals of Cleveland, St. John Medical Center, and The Surgery Center in Middleburg Heights, OH. He is participating and taking an active role in the Implant Study Club established by our doctors. He is affiliated with the following professional organizations:
- American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons ABOMS
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons AAOMS
- American College of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons ACOMS
- The American Dental Association ADA
- The Ohio Dental Association ODA
- The Greater Cleveland Dental Society GCDS
- The Lorain County Dental Society LCDS
- The Ohio Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons OSOMS
- The Westshore Study Club
Dr. Plona, his wife and family reside in Westlake, OH. Dr. Plona enjoys golfing, scuba diving and volleyball in his spare time. He is committed to the mission statement of North Coast Jaw & Implant Center to provide the highest quality of care in a compassionate and competent environment.