Meet Raymond P. Plona, III, D.D.S., M.D.
Raymond P. Plona was raised in Olmsted, Falls, OH and graduated with honors from St. Ignatius High School in Cleveland, OH. Dr. Plona earned his Bachelor’s Degree from Baldwin Wallace College in Berea, OH where he majored in Biology and minored in Chemistry. After graduation, he entered Case Western Reserve University earning his Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree. His many achievements include:
- Ralph E. Creig Scholarship 2002, 2003, 2004 CWRU School of Dental Medicine
- Outstanding Senior Award, 2002 Baldwin Wallace College
- Merit Scholarship 2004, 2005 Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society
- Doctor William S. Kramer Award 2006 Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society
- Highest Academic Achievement Award, Class of 2006 Alpha Omega International Dental Society
- Callahan Memorial Student Award, 2006 Ohio Dental Association, Case Western Reserve University
- Outstanding Achievement in Periodontics, 2006 American Academy of Periodontology
- Outstanding Student Award, 2006 American Academy of Craniofacial Pain
- Windent OMFS Scholarship Award, 2009 Windent Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
Dr. Plona attended the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine from 2006-2012. He earned his Doctor of Medicine in 2010, and then did his Internship in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, his Internship in General Surgery and his Residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. He completed his position at the Pittsburgh Medical Center as Chief OMFS Resident in June, 2012.
Dr. Plona is board certified by the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons. He practices the full scope of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery including dental implant placement, third molar removal, extraction of teeth, and other dentoalveolar surgery and pre-prosthetic surgery. Additionally, he performs orthognathic surgery, manages facial fractures, trauma, oral pathology and jaw reconstruction.
Along with being credentialed at University Hospitals of Cleveland, Dr. Plona also maintains active status at St. John Medical Center and The Surgery Center. He is involved in the Implant Study Club started by Dr. Blakemore and Dr. Blood, and is affiliated with the American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS), the American Dental Society (ADA), the Ohio Dental Society (ODA), the Greater Cleveland Dental Society (GCDS), The Lorain County Dental Society (LCDS), American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (ACOMS), the Ohio Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (OSOMS), the Westshore Study Club, and is affiliated with “the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (ABOMS).
Dr. Plona, his wife and family reside in Westlake, OH. He enjoys golfing, cooking, running and weight training. Dr. Plona brings his skill and competency to this oral surgery practice, and maintains active in his professional organizations. He is dedicated to his patients and is committed to quality patient care.